Meal Plan Information 2016 to 2017
2016 - 2017 Meal Plan Options
The Department of Residence Life meal plan requirement stipulates that all single, beginning undergraduate students who are living on campus are required to purchase an unlimited University meal plan. This policy covers all beginning students who are starting college in the same year as their date of graduation from high school. All other residents in University Housing have the option to purchase any meal plan. The Commuter meal plan is only for non-resident commuter students.
To help you select the 'right' meal plan, first consider your daily routine... Will your class schedule, studying, extracurricular activities and social event commitments interfere with your dining? Secondly, consider your own eating habits... Are you an all-day snacker, or do you prefer three meals a day? Anticipating the answers to these and similar questions will help you to select a meal plan that best fits your lifestyle.
The 19 Convenience Plan + $100 Flex- $1850
Need a flexible plan, this plan allows students to chose from ALL locations and enjoy 19 meals a week. It includes: All-You-Care-To-Eat RSC dining room, The Lion's Lair (former food court) which has Wingin' It, Ochoritos, Lucky's BBQ, and Starbucks. In the Library we have Sandellas and Starbucks. Tax included in price. Now Available to all Freshmen.
The Unlimited Plan + $100 FLEX - $1850
This plan allows unlimited access to The Dining Room throughout the day and $100 to utilize at our Retail Locations. Tax included in price.
The Unlimited Plan + $200 FLEX - $1875
This plan allows unlimited access to the Dining Room throughout the day and $200 to utilize at our Retail Locations. Tax included in price.
Flex 14 with $100 FLEX - $1475
This plan allows any 14 meals per week that can be used in the Dining Room and $100 FLEX for use in our Retail Locations. Tax included in price.
Flex 10 with $100 FLEX - $1350
Any 10 meals per week that can be used in the Dining Room and $100 FLEX for use in our Retail Locations. Tax included in price.
Commuter $150 FLEX with 5 free Dining Room meals - $150
The Commuter Plan is not available in conjunction with any other plan. The Commuter Plan is only available to non-resident students and can only be purchased once per semester. This plan allows dollar-for-dollar use of FLEX at any of our Retail Locations. Included in this commuter offer is 5 free meals in the Dining Room at any time during the semester. Tax included in price.
One of our main goals is to provide a pleasant, clean, comfortable, and satisfying dining experience. In order to meet this goal, we ask for your assistance with the following procedures:
- Meal card must be present and operable to gain admittance to the Dining Room or to purchase items from retail venues via Lion Cash or Flex.
- Photos on meal cards must be clear and cashiers must be able to clearly recognize students by comparison to photo.
- Should a meal card owner want to purchase a meal for a guest, they must do this with Lion Cash, Flex, credit card, or cash.
- Other than the Unlimited Meal Plan holders, those on meal plans may only swipe once per each meal period.
- Please be respectful to others.
- No outside food or beverages are to be brought into the dining facilities.
- Please refrain from taking food, dishes, or utensils from the dining area.
- Remember that meals are non-transferable. Meals cannot be used by anyone but the purchaser.
Purchases and Changes
- Purchase a Plan if you have not done so already through the Office of Residential Living and Learning.
- Change a Plan up by visiting the Sodexo Catering Office or the Office of Residential Living and Learning.
- Change a Plan down through the Office of Residential Living and Learning.
You never have to be too shy to ask for seconds with our Campus Dining Program. Our generous policy allows for a second helping of many menu favorites. All you have to do is ask! Please note, however, that there are some exceptions to our Seconds Policy including: premium nights.
No problem! Our Campus Dining Services Program can accommodate your special dietary requirements. For more information, please contact Rebecca Tuerk at (903) 886-5835.